Friday, June 25, 2010

Human life is the biggest gift of God to Man-kind

Since my childhood I was having the habit of asking my God for every  small thing, right from a pen, magazine, book, movie ticket and  every other thing which was not easily available to me. later, when I grew old the list of  my demands kept on increasing and one day the list became so big that I started writing  it on paper and in the morning when I used to sit for my morning-prayer, I used to read that list in front of my  God with a request that he must fulfill all my demands immediately.

Fifty years have passed since, but I have not stopped asking my God for big and small things and  in this  process, I never realized when I became a lousy-beggar from a disciple in front of my own God and I  never ever felt sorry about it.  I  have no rational reasons for my demand, and yes, it is also true that earlier, I used to ask for myself, then for my wife later I started asking for my children and today the ratio of my demand  is 70:30 [family:self] and I keep asking my God for materialistic things without any hesitation or regret.

Today when I look back, I feel so ashamed, guilty and have no hesitation in calling myself a most selfish man on this earth, I feel pity on myself and I know for sure that my Lord will not pardon me. I do not deserve  his mercy and  I cannot be excused by simply saying  sorry to him. My sins can be wiped-out only if I feel the same from the bottom of my heart and I will stop asking and start saying thank you to my God Almighty for every thing that is happening in my life. 

Moreover, to be honest with you, whatever I have asked for in my life, I got more than what I expected and deserved; what I planned for my future, it never happened and whatever  has happened in my life was never planned, and it were all beyond expectations. He gave me more than what I deserved but I was never  satisfied in my life and my demands never stopped. But today, when I look back and see, I feel like a stupid idiot who lived his whole life simply begging for more and more and there was no end of  my expectations,  needs, wants and desires.

Today, I have decided, once and for all, that I will not ask for any thing more from my Lord,  be satisfied  and condensed with whatever I have in my life, thank him for  every thing and simply do my part of  the job/duty, fulfill my responsibility and follow his instructions without asking any questions. I do not know for how long I will be able to perform this unselfish act; and whatever time I have  in this life time, I pray to God Almighty, to at-least give me one more chance, to live my life like a perfect gentleman and a good human being with dignity, humbleness and love;   therefore, please pray for me, so that I must not beg  in this life again.

With Prayers,
Gurcharan.     

6 comments:

  1. WAheguru ji kaKhalsa
    Waheguru ji ki Fateh
    We are beggars all and it's very difficult to live without pleading this or that, when we stop asking God we begin requesting others because habit is so deep we beg and plead pray for me now that I may leave off praying for myself :) Such transformation it would take to utter only gratitude for this or that blessing.
    I'm thankful I can see from this one eye and the other will take over when tired to read inspiring blog. I'm thankful I have this cane to assist me to walk. I'm thankful I have truck and money enough to fetch gas to make water hot for my bath. I'm thankful food is in my belly and on table. I'm thankful to love and beloved. I'm thankful for roof over my head and floor beneath my feet and bed to sleep upon, I'm thankful for like minded sangat with whom to singh thy glorious praises O great giver and bestower of all blessings.
    Waheguru ji

    ReplyDelete
  2. a long time back we were travelling together in the car on our way back from M2K office in c.p.
    didnt i tell you then "that dont ask any thing from god, as if you worship him from your true heart he would give you every thing without asking". believe me its true!! make him your friend and he will hold your hand.
    always remember sudama and lord krishna story
    there is a saying in hindi that "BIN MANGEY MOTI MILEY AUR MANGEY MILEY NA BHEEKH"

    regards,
    milin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its better late than never to give Thanks for what we have. Self realization is the first step of a selfless act. Wish you all the best with your new journey...and am sure you'll be blessed with abundance.

    Regards,
    GS

    ReplyDelete
  4. good blog! liked it.
    tapasya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its great to see the transformation of human being through retrospectation. Its true, what we want,that we never get,what we get that we don,t like and what we like that does not remain immortal.
    Please keep writing........

    ReplyDelete
  6. SSA Veer Ji
    It was a nice blog , But I differ and have different opinion on the same ....if we go through the Hindu epics then no body will get more or less than he deserves and not before the time as planned by god, and when we see our religion it is also same
    When we treat God as our Father then there is no harm in asking everything from him and sharing things with him and it is he who can give (Denda de lende thak paye)and if you get into micro level then almost the entire universe is asking something from him all the time.
    As I said earlier its difference of opinion and one's perception
    Keep Blogging
    Warm Regards
    Amarjeet Singh

    ReplyDelete