Friday, June 18, 2010

The real Jewels of my life

This world is full of great peoples, good souls, perfect gentlemen and women; since my childhood, I had met many such personalities in-person, but in some cases, I have not been very lucky, and I could not meet them till date, but yes I have seen them, watched them and have read about them. You can call me crazy, nuts or my sheer madness, but yes,  I used to adore them, worship them, watch them very closely and love them, even today, from the bottom of my heart.

1) Mr.. Gurcharan Das (Ex-President of Procter and Gamble), writer and marketing guru. I always admired him as a marketing pandit and wanted to meet him once in my life time.

2) Mr. Gulzar sahib, great lyricist, writer, producer, director and editor of Hindi-cinema. I love all his songs, movies and poems. And his one particular song from the film Khamoshi sung by Ms. Lata Mangeshkar, is very closed to my heart, (Humne dekhi hai in-akhon mein).

3) Ms. Kiran Bedi (Ex-IPS Office) who was a performer through-out her career and what-ever work she has done, it was done with her hard-work, dedication, determination and completed with her full mind, body and soul and she gave her hundred percent to every assignment she took and the results were beyond comparission and she excelled in what-ever work she has ever-done. For me she has always been the source of my inspiration.

4) Sardar Khushwant Singh, the great journalist, novelist and writer of many books on Sikhism and I became his fan when I was in School and I started reading " The Illustrated Weekly of India" magazine.

5) Ms. Megha Patkar, who lived her whole life for others without any ambition or any personal gains  such people are here in this world with us who taught us how to live for others; and I always take strength from her, when-ever I feel low in my life.

6) Mr. Manishankar Mukhopadhya, known as "Shankar" in the Bengali literary circle and he has written many great Bengali novels including Chowranghee. I have read all his books but his novel "Jana-aranaya" is very closed to my heart till date.

7) Mr. Pranoy Roy, the great TV journalist of India, who gave us many  "First" in Indian  TV-entertainment world, to begin with The World This Week [TWTW], Star News (presented by NDTV in early days), Election news analysis, NDTV 24X7, NDTV India and NDTV Imagine etc.. etc... But till date his first weekly news programme TWTW is my favourite.

8) Mr. Shiv (HCL) Nadar, an Entrepreneur, perfect businessman and an IT-tycoon who made an Indian company at par with top-class IT companies of the world. I wish, we must have many more like him in this country.

9) Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, a leader of Mobile-sector and first generation businessman who made history in Indian telecommunication world, he was, he is and he will be the King of Telecom-Industry in the world. 

10) Mr. Ratan Naval Tata, Chairman of Tata empire, perfect Businessman and a Gentleman. 

And few good men and women of God with whom I could not meet in this life time, may be,  when I will leave this world and meet my God in heavens,  (I am sure and confident), I will find them their with  our God Almighty, Amen!

1) Ms. Ayn Rand
2) Ms. Amrita Pritam
3) Shri Dhiru Bhai Ambani
4) Shri Ghan Shyam Das Birla
5) Sardar Gurbaksh Singh (Preet-lari wale)
6) Sardar Bahadur Sir Inder Singh
7) Shri Jamshedji Narsevanji Tata
8) Shri Jaddu Krishna Murti
9) Shri Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi
10) Lala Shriram

With Prayers,
Gurcharan

No comments:

Post a Comment